THE SYSTEM AS UNIQUE AS
YOUR OWN FINGER PRINT
WORKING TOGETHER WITH
DETER AND DETECTS
VEHICLE THEFT AND CLONING
THE MOST EFFECTIVE WAY TO
PREVENT CYCLE CRIME
AND BRAND PROTECTION
CE GLASS MARKING
MADE EASY AND COST EFFECTIVE
A SECURITY SOLUTION FOR
PROTECTING COMPANY ASSETS
THE ISR OPERATES 24/7 PROVIDING
PEACE OF MIND FOR CUSTOMERS
Data Protection Policy – International Security Register
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, Retainagroup Limited upholds the eight principles in relation to its secure data base – the International Security Register (ISR) in that-
- Personal data is obtained directly and voluntarily from individuals, or is provided by our trade customers in a fair and lawful manner.
- Data is held on file for legitimate verification and security purposes. Data is passed to our trade customers either when the data subject has returned a completed form without opting out, or by default if the data subject has not responded to an acknowledgement form within 60 days.
- The data held contains no more information than is necessary regarding an individual, in order to maintain an adequate history of the life of a security marked and registered item.
- Every effort is made to ensure that data on the ISR is up-to-date and the verification process ensures the data is as accurate as possible.
- When electronic data is marked as “old/archived”, it is stored indefinitely in a secure environment. Information is kept in order to support crime prevention and investigation enquiries by law enforcement agencies.
- Data is accessible on written request and a discretionary administration cost of £10 is payable. A “screen dump” can be provided to the data subject within 10 days. The ISR verification process ensures that data subjects know what is stored and that the information is correct; if inaccurate information is notified, it is amended or, if requested, erased. Access to data subjects is “removed” from the ISR on request and their record is archived to a secure area.
- The ISR is protected by a firewall and there are no open links through the Internet. Paper records are archived and then destroyed by shredding and recycling the paper after a set length of time. All staff entrusted with access to the ISR do so through a password entry system and each member of staff is security vetted prior to joining the company. All transactions are logged and traceable.
Currently the data on the ISR is used only in the EEA.
For additional information please go to FAQ or call +44 (0)1233 504162 or (24 hours) +44 (0)1233 333000.